MAC Patient Advisor for Study Advisory Panel
Posted on January 17, 2019 |
We are looking for 1 additional (male) pulmonary MAC patient advisor for Kevin Winthrop’s PCORI-funded MAC2v3 pragmatic trial!
This is a remote advisor position, no travel for in-person meetings. Note that while this is a 5-year project, a full 5-year commitment to participate is not required. We have 4 patient advisors already identified, and are looking for 1 more to round out the panel.
This study is titled Comparison of two- versus three-antibiotic therapy for pulmonary Mycobacterium avium complex disease (“MAC2v3”). We will prospectively follow patients newly diagnosed with NTM who are randomized to either a 2-drug or 3-drug treatment regimen. Our objective is to determine whether or not a 2-drug treatment regimen is better tolerated and as effective (based on culture analysis) as a 3-drug regimen.
What would your participation as a Patient Advisory Panel (PAP) member involve?
- An average time commitment of 12 hours per year
- Participation includes document review with feedback deadlines, email correspondence, and conference calls (avg 60 min each)
- $30 per hour compensation, to be paid annually
- No travel
- Year 1: Study Protocol review, recruitment plan feedback, participate in study-related webinars
- Years 2-4: Review ongoing study progress, participate in study-related webinars
- Year 5: Review and feedback on final results messaging
Please email Emily Henkle, PhD, MPH, Project Director if interested at email@example.com. She is happy to talk more about past projects that have included patient advisors, as well as this particular project, before you commit to this role.