Support World Bronchiectasis Day
There are so many ways to get involved and share awareness for bronchiectasis. Whether you attend virtual events, post on your social networks, or advocate for more research and funding for bronchiectasis, your voice can make a difference for someone affected by bronchiectasis.
Consider these ways to get involved:
- Attend bronchiectasis-related virtual events.
- Donate to support the Foundation’s mission to prevent COPD, bronchiectasis, and nontuberculous mycobacterial (NTM) lung disease and to seek cures while improving lives and advocating for all affected.
- Share your story. Whether you have bronchiectasis or are a caregiver, a friend, a family member, or a health care provider, we encourage you to tell your story. Post on social media and use the hashtag #WorldBronchiectasisDay, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Share information about bronchiectasis and World Bronchiectasis Day on social media. Use the posts below or write your own to promote #WorldBronchiectasisDay and increase awareness. Your participation helps educate others and encourage communities and governments to invest in bronchiectasis education, research, and support for those with bronchiectasis. When posting, please use the hashtag #WorldBronchiectasisDay and tag us: @COPDFoundation. Follow, like, and share posts on the COPD Foundation social sites. #WorldBronchiectasisDay events and education for all participating global organizations will be shared from this account:
- Join: BronchandNTM360social. You can share your photos, videos, and posts for #WorldBronchiectasisDay on BronchandNTM360social. We’ll announce events, education, and social challenges through July 1st.
- Order Your World Bronchiectasis Day T-Shirt or Sweatshirt
Show off your support in style with a World Bronchiectasis Day shirt! Proceeds will benefit World Bronchiectasis Day awareness efforts so you can look good AND feel good. Order Your T-shirt Today!
Social Media Posts to Share in Support of World Bronchiectasis Day
- Bronchiectasis IS manageable. Education, advocacy, and empowerment are critical for successful disease management. Join the cause and support awareness for #bronchiectasis. Worldbronchiectasisday.org #WorldBronchiectasisDay
- Advocate for #bronchiectasis research and funding. Learn more: worldbronchiectasis.org #WorldBronchiectasisDay
- Patient education is key to managing your #bronchiectasis. Visit bronchiectasis FAQs (https://www.bronchiectasisandntminitiative.org/Bronchiectasis/Bronchiectasis-Resources/Bronchiectasis-FAQs) for free resources. #bronchiectasis #WorldBronchiectasisDay
- What is #bronchiectasis? Learn more in this video from the Lung Foundation Australia: https://youtu.be/MjsSIu8q3RQ #WorldBronchiectasisDay
- What do you know about the relationship between bronchiectasis and COPD? Learn more: https://bit.ly/bronchiectasis-COPD #bronchiectasis #WorldBronchiectasisDay #COPD
- Barbara has #bronchiectasis. This is her story about living with bronchiectasis. Watch this video by @EuropeanLung, a #WorldBronchiectasisDay partner: https://europeanlung.org/en/people-and-partners/your-experiences/gb-barbara-crossley-antibiotic-resistance-the-way-forward/
- Be a voice for those with #bronchiectasis. Breath is the lifeblood of everything we are, everything we do, and everything we can do. #WorldBronchiectasisDay #Advocacy
Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn
- July 1st is #WorldBronchiectasisDay. Did you know that hundreds of thousands of people worldwide live with bronchiectasis, and some may not yet have been diagnosed? Discover the symptoms of #bronchiectasis: worldbronchiectasisday.org. #bronchiectasis @COPDFoundation
- Amplify the voices of our community and raise awareness for people with #bronchiectasis. Learn more: worldbronchiectasisday.org. #WorldBronchiecasisDay #bronchiectasis @COPDFoundation
- Are you looking for a community of people with #bronchiectasis? Join this active online community of people with bronchiectasis, caregivers, and health care professionals. Share your experience, find welcoming friends, and connect with others in the bronchiectasis community. Register today! BronchandNTM360social #WorldBronchiectasisDay @copdfoundation
- Advocate for #bronchiectasis research and funding in your country. Write to members of your local government to support bronchiectasis research and education for the undiagnosed! #WorldBronchiectasisDay @COPDFoundation
- Providers: Did you know that the prevalence of #bronchiectasis is increasing in the U.S. and Europe? It occurs more frequently in women, and its prevalence rises with age. Read the ATS Journal article, Bronchiectasis: Phenotyping an orphan disease. #WorldBronchiectasisDay partner @ATS #bronchiectasis
Images to Download and Use on Social Media
Click on each image to download.
Global Bronchiectasis Resources